Monday, June 25, 2007

The Missing Suit

During The Great Depression, I was missing one of my suits. My Uncle Al gave me one or two of his old suits. I would make $2 weekly payments on a new suit for $14. I was very proud of my suits.

One night my Brother Jesse climbed over the porch roof, slipped through the window, walked to my closet and took my best suit. He returned it the next day, turned inside out.

I couldn't get too mad at Jesse as he was young and didn't have a suit. Besides, I was still going to have turn the suit inside out and press it.

Now Jess is 86 and I will be 90 soon. He visits me every Thursday morning, and brings a special roast beef sandwich for us to eat, while we talk about the many happy days we have had.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

We need a new story!

Granny said...

Reading your post is like me sitting down with my Dad while he reacants things from his past!

Hoping to find more to read on your site!!