Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Day








It was a wonderful day.

I sat and watched my family get the dinner together. There was a lot of activity in the kitchen. I had never seen so many people moving back and forth, without running into each other.

At first we sat at the counter eating numerous appetizers which can ruin your appetite, but nobody seemed to mind.

For dinner, all 19 of us sat down at one table. Young Austen said the first grace and I said the second one. I thanked God for our great family, and told them Kitty always loved a party and she would have loved to have been here for this one. She has been gone six years.

Presents were opened, football games were watched on the big TV screen, and there was a lot of conversation.

As always, I enjoyed visiting with my grandchildren.

All in all it was a great day.

No comments: