Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Thank-you Letters to Blondie #1 and 2

As you know I call my daughter Elsie Blondie #1. I call her daughter Lila, Blondie #2....

Dear Lila,

I very much enjoyed having help you me share my 90th birthday, as they say you are only time 90.

Different times when I was getting over operations you would give me a fast push in the wheel chair from the dining room to my apartment.

I well remember pulling you in the hotel pool at Tallahassee when you were small.

I had a close call on the phone a few days ago. When I answered the phone I thought it was a salesperson. I was saved as I said "Who am I speaking to?" To my surprise it was my grandson's wife Carolina. So we both had a laugh.

As they say "Life can be beautiful at times."

Lots of love,

Great Grand Dad
Johnny Mann

PS My Son Jack is a Grand Dad now.

Dear Blondie,

Thanks for making that long trip from Tallahassee, Florida for my 90th Birthday.

Many times I remember looking out the front window to see you riding a horse on the front lawn with your friend Suzanne Marduez. You and Suzanne would rent them from the local stables for $4 an hour. I don't think the stables ever thought you would ride the horses back to your neighborhoood.

Another time I drove you and the rest of the children to the new John F. Kennedy play ground, where a young boy challenged you. You went right after him with both fists. You were holding your own so I didn't have to defend you, as you had it well under control.

Another time you and Nora had 2 girl friends share our vacation to Ocean City. The station wagon was loaded up, but we had a great time.

So in closing, I have had many happy days with my kids and 2 more for good measure.

LOVE YOU,

DAD

No comments: