Monday, July 30, 2007

My 90th Birthday Party...It was a flock of people.

A very important time in my life had arrived. I realized I was becoming 90 years old and I just found out life is not over. There is still more to go.

I had so many friends come….My children, grandchildren, nieces nephews, relatives, and friends…. that is going to take me a week or two to find out what happened. I enjoyed it immensely and I am now making plans for my 95th, with the Lord willing.

The food was very delicious prepared by my son-in-law David. He stayed on the grill all day. He had very delicious cheeseburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, coleslaw, appetizers and fruit. I ate enough to last me through dinner. And at dinner time, I could only eat a couple of cookies. I went off to a very sound sleep, and woke up in the morning at 6 o’clock.

It was a very entertaining day I’ll remember for the rest of my life. And now the best thing to do is to begin to prepare for the next one.

This is my first thank-you letter to Nora....

Dear Nora,

I had the time of my life at the very special 90th Birthday party at your lovely home with the special back porch in its L shape to hold the many people.

David came in 100% with the special cheeseburgers and hot dogs, then the potato salad and delicious fruit, etc. that you added.

Thanks again for a great great 90th Birthday Party. I’ll be answering the cards and letters.

I am looking forward to our Date for dinner this coming Wed night.

Stay as lovely as you are.

Great Grand Dad

Johnny Mann

1 comment:

Ilene said...

Happy 90th birthday! My mother-in-law is also 90 and you could run circles around her! A blessing from God. As usual, I am very touched by the wonderful post, wonderful family, wonderful pictures!