Sunday, March 4, 2007

My Dialogue written April 12, 2001

(I wrote this for a writing class in 2001. My wife died July 30, 2001)

My Dialogue started with my lovely wife Kitty, on Mary 30, 1941, and is still going on.

We have been blessed with 6 children, 3 boys and 3 girls, and have had many discussions about sports, school, vacation, jobs, religion, etc. at our daily evening meals.

When our children were young, I made it a point to take the 5 youngest kids every evening but Sunday, to the drug store for Cokes where we would sit on the round top stools. The kids would sit, twirl around, talk, laugh, and enjoy themselves before our grocery store visit.

"Life goes on".

Nora, our oldest girl, and Kit our youngest girl visits their Mother at Holy Cross Hospital where she is recovering from a heart attack. Their sister Elsie from Florida calls every day. Their brothers Jack and Charlie have made many visits to the Hospital. Kit was here yesterday to do the laundry and any help such as doing the weekly grocery store shopping.

Many people do not know the importance of "family" that in later years of life forms a bond of love that lasts a whole lifetime.

I was one of 5 brothers and enjoyed all of it. My brother Jess will be 80 on May 18, and I am 84. We are the last of 2 brothers and still keep up with family parties etc.

No comments: