Saturday, September 1, 2007

John Eugenio's Christening - September 1, 2007

Today was a very special day, the baptism of John Eugenio. All of his brand new aunts and uncles (except for Kevin in California), his two sets of grand parents, his extended family and friends, and myself were there to witness this wonderful event.

It was a private ceremony at the parish church. John Eugenio was a perfect gentleman as he slept soundly through the pouring of the water and the anointing of the oil.

There was a delicious lunch afterwards at John and Carolina's house. Many of us sat outside as the weather was mild and sunny. Many pictures were taken of the 4 generations of Johns.

I enjoyed talking to everyone, particularly my grandchildren. My son Jack told his children one of his favorite stories about me. As a young man, it often happened when Jack would meet the mother of a girl he was dating, the mother would ask "Can you dance as good as your father?" As a young man, I was considered a good dancer. I won most of the prizes for the best dancer and the booby prize for the worst singer. The grandchilden enjoyed that story, even though they may have heard it before.

When Kit signed me in tonight at my retirement home, she told me we had been gone 6 1/2 hours. I told her I would skip dinner and sleep well tonight as I had had a perfect day. It is days like this, when you say 'wunderbar'.

No comments: